Bibliokids

I spend too much of my time in an office ordering kids books for libraries, and not enough telling people about the exciting things I'm ordering for them. Hopefully, this blog will help to rectify that.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Two-Word Monikers

As I've been busily ordering lately, I've come across a number of books that sound interesting AND have two-word titles. Spooky, huh?



Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
This new book, by the author of the way-more-fun-than-they-ought-to-be Au Pairs books, is all about vampirism in teenage upper-crust society. Sort of like a Gossip Girls meets Cirque du Freak, this one should fly off the shelves. Yay!





King Dork by Frank Portman
Having long been a Salinger fan, I'm way too excited about this book that centers on a high school student who finds mysterious messages in his dead father's copy of The Catcher in the Rye. All the reviews mention the author's biting humor and the smartness of the writing. Be forewarned, though, as they also mention the frank discussion of sexual matters, so this book may not be for everyone. But for me . . . well . . . you can just call me Queen Dork as I wait for this book!



Pool Boys by Erin Haft
My friend and co-worker, Sarah, has a certain fondness for trashy teen novels, so I knew she would be hooked when the publisher sent me the first few chapters of this new beach read. What I wasn't expecting was for her to run into my office clutching the sample and demanding that I order the book immediately. How could I resist? You can practically smell the coconut suntan oil wafting out of this tale of rich girls, hunky boys, and country club escapades.



Flabby Tabby by Penny McKinlay
A picture book about a cat who is too "fluffy" to fit through his kitty door, and gets stuck. His concerned owners take him to the vet, who recommends that they buy a frisky kitten to motivate the cat to lose weight. It sounds like an adorable little book, right? But Flabby Tabby? That is some funny stuff! It's even fun to say. Hee hee hee! Flabby Tabby!


Firegirl by Tony Abbott
Okay . . . okay! This title isn't technically two words long, and I have no idea if this tale of a nerdy boy befriending a girl with disfiguring burns is any good. What I can tell you is that this cover is brilliant. It couldn't be any more perfect. I want to read the book just because of this cover. Call me shallow, but I am going to judge this book by its cover.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parker said...

King Dork is supposed to be quite good, and as forFiregirl...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Why don't you link to Melissa?

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home