Bibliokids

I spend too much of my time in an office ordering kids books for libraries, and not enough telling people about the exciting things I'm ordering for them. Hopefully, this blog will help to rectify that.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reading in Vegas, Baby!

I've been out of the office since my last entry, jetting off to LA for a bit of R&R. Of course, my traveling mojo is always a bit off, which explains the emergency landing in Las Vegas to make sure that the engine wasn't really on fire, as the indicator lights were saying it was. In the end, nothing had to hosed down and I had a little extra time to read one of the three books I'd brought with me . . .

Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty

Despite a few slow spots, the third book in this series does not disappoint. With all the brouhaha about Opal Mehta, it was nice to read McCafferty again and remember why she's worth "borrowing" from. Jessica Darling and the continuing saga of her love life took my mind off the terror of faulty airplanes, and what more could a person ask?

I leave tomorrow for ALA, and so I'm sure that I'll be back next week with a whole bunch of new titles to rave about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parker said...

haha, Kip has something to say about this one too! lol

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home