Bibliokids

I spend too much of my time in an office ordering kids books for libraries, and not enough telling people about the exciting things I'm ordering for them. Hopefully, this blog will help to rectify that.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm still chugging my way through my PW announcement issue, and I've come across these fabulous things that I know your patrons (and you) will love.


Spot 7: School by Mokoto Fujimoto
This book is perfect for all those kids who wear out your I Spy titles and still clamor for more. Children search pairs of photos for seven differences, as well as the answer to a four-line riddle. Coming soon . . . Spot 7:Christmas!




Library Lion byMichelle Knudsen
When a lion wanders into the local library, he's told he can stay as long as he agrees to follow the rules. He does a good job, until the day that his librarian friend is injured in a fall and he roars for help. Will this transgression keep him from the hallowed halls he's grown to love? The reviewers are saying that this book makes a good read-aloud, and we all know that we (vain?) librarians love any story that involves our place of employment.


Princess Primer: The Fairy Godmother's Guide to Being a Princess by Stephanie True Peters
I suppose I could tell you that this book contains advice from a fairy godmother on everything from which tiara to wear to how to choose a prince. I could tell you that it would be perfect for all your patrons who loved things like Fairyopolis and Imagine You're a Fairy. But do I really need to say anything besides pink and princess?


365 Penguins by Jean-Luc Fromental
Ooh la la! Only the French could create a story so absurd that I can't wait to read it. A family of four is puzzled when a penguin is mailed to them on New Year's Day, but as the year progresses and the penguins keep coming, they run into many problems. I just can't get over the penguins on the cover--so deadpan . . . so existential . . . so French!


Giggle Computer Funtime for Baby: Shapes
Since I've never had a baby of my own (upon which to try out library materials), I don't know if this CD-ROM will be in demand. However, since all babies and toddlers seem to want to bang on every computer keyboard that they see, I'm thinking it's a brilliant idea. Because, you see, the CD-ROM encourages babies to hit the computer keys to play music, make things move onscreen, and elicit weird baby-friendly noises. So you can entertain baby and make her comfortable with computers all at the same time. I'm fascinated!




Time Out, Buzzy by Harriet Ziefert
Buzzy is angry! Look how angry he is! Oh, this angry little donkey amuses me! His mother gives him a time out in his room, where he gives a time out to his toys, books, and clothes. How does one give a time out to one's clothes? Is there an angry naked donkey in my future? I hope so!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

Well I placed a hold on 365 penguins. It sure looks cute.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A naked angry donkey?! What could be better than that? Tehehe.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home