Bibliokids

I spend too much of my time in an office ordering kids books for libraries, and not enough telling people about the exciting things I'm ordering for them. Hopefully, this blog will help to rectify that.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Short and Sweet

Despite the fact that I've been ordering like a maniac this week, I only have one book to blog about. Odd, that.

Runaway Dinner by Allan Ahlberg

Young Banjo sits down to his dinner, only to have the sausage (and then the fork and then the knife and then . . . ) jump up and run away. All the foods have names in this rolicking tale, which all the reviews say is a good read-aloud. Personally, I'm captivated by the illustrations, which are precise and matter-of-fact while still managing to be quirky and hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home